Facet Joint Injections
This precise diagnostic tool can quickly relieve your chronic spine pain and inflammation – anywhere from your neck to your lower back!
- In preparation for this safe, 20-to-30-minute treatment for Facet Joint Syndrome, our pain management expert numbs the skin and tissue above the facet joint with an injection of local anesthetic.
- With the aid of an x-ray device called a fluoroscope, the physician guides a needle through the numbed tissue and into the affected facet joint.
- After confirming the needle’s placement, the physician injects a soothing mixture of numbing anesthetic and anti-inflammatory steroid medication.
- If the pain subsides, it suggests that the facet joint (or joints) injected were the cause of pain.
- Up to several months of relief can follow as the steroid reduces inflammation and pain, allowing you to return to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Dr. Harris Bram – a multiple-year TOP DOC – founded NJ Pain Care Specialists in September 2012, bringing the highest levels of pain management care to his patients in Central and Southern New Jersey.
If you’d like to know more about these and other advanced technologies available at NJ Pain Care Specialists, call us at 732-720-0247.